Hexapoda Fem litografier 25 x 30 cm


Working with these prints there are several things that fascinate me.

The insects I meet, to start with, but also how we, through history, have arranged our knowledge of them, classifying them into very formal structures while, at the same time portraying them very empathically, in meticulous manners. In this I take great interest in Alfred Brehm´s ”Tierleben”, illustrated under the direction of Robert Kretschmer, and the natural history author and wood-engraver Thomas Bewick. In my own work, as an artist and printmaker, I find it fascinating how well the new digital tools I have access to, merge with the unrivaled qualities of old printmaking  techniques.




"Ellens slända"

Titel: ”Ellen´s dragonfly”

Aeshna cyanea

Technique: Lithography

Size: 30 x 25 cm

 

The starting point is a photograph with the mobile camera of a dragonfly that my granddaughter happily brought me; a beautiful sample in a quite undamaged condition.

I processed the photo in Photoshop to get the outlines. Then I printed out the digitally processed image with a standard office laser printer and transferred the contour drawing to the litho stone, using acetone. I then completed the drawing on the stone with lithographic crayon, prepared and printed it in the usual way.





                                                                        ”Tallbock”

Titel: ”Tallbock”

Monocamus sutor

Technique: Lithography

Size: 30 x 25 cm

 

This beetle I met on a summer’s day in the countryside when it landed right in front of me on the garden table. I had the mobile camera at hand and got a series of photos of an impressive bug. Processing the image, I used the same procedure as with the previous print.






"Udo's Nashornkäfer"

Titel: ”Udo´s Nashornkäfer”

Oryctes nasicornis

Technique: Alugrafi

Size: 30 x 25 cm

 

A friend and colleague proudly displayed his dried and prepared specimen of Oryctes nasicornis. In this case, I didn´t  use a litho stone, but a positive pre-prepared offset plate. From the mobile camera to the offset plate through digital processing in image editing software as ususal, but this time I used an inkjet print on transparent film to transfer the image to the offset plate.  





                    


"Dagfjärilmätare"

Titel: ”Large emerald I”

Geometra papilionaria

Teknik: Lithography

Size: 30 x 25 cm

 

The preparing and printing process in this case is the same as the above described for lithographic stone.








"Köttfluga"

Titel: ”The Flesh fly”

Sarcophaga carnaria

Teknik: Lithography

Size: 30 x 25 cm

 

The preparing and printing process in this case is the same as the above described for lithographic stone.







  





 

Kommentarer